Hair Advice Centre
A multi award winning Kingsbridge Hairdressing Salon with uncompromising standards, at The Hair Advice Centre (HAC) we have a passion for customer delight and a pride in making our Clients look and feel fantastic. We want to listen to you and work together to create the best possible results for you and your hair.
HAC is ranked as a 5 Star Salon by the independant SalonSpy verified review platform and we’ve been regional finalists in the prestigious British Hairdressing Awards and British Hairdressing Business Awards. The HAC team is led by Salcombe born Sara Antoniades who has worked as an educator in hairdressing around the world and in the UK as well as working with top industry names at events such as London Fashion Week. Sara’s been hairdressing since she was 15 and opened the HAC Hair Salon in Kingsbridge in 1996. She’s still passionate about hair and education, still teaches hairdressing today and regularly works with some of the top names in the industry.
Ongoing Team training and education are at the heart of our Salon, we are committed to developing our Stylist’s hairdressing knowledge and keeping our Team up to date with current trends whilst also maintaining classic looks. Visiting London for training and attending seminars around the UK regularly reinforces the team’s awareness of changing hair dressing fashion and keeps our hair Stylists motivated and on trend.
The guidance issued by the Government has given requirements outlining how Hairdressing Salons must operate. We want our Clients AND our team to be able to be as safe as possible and as a result, we've had to change some of the ways we work. These requirements may change in line with updated information and improved practice.
Do you, or anyone you live with, have any of the following symptoms?
- A high temperature?
- A new, continuous cough?
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
If the answer is yes, STOP. Do not attend your appointment. You should stay at home and you (and any one you live), with should self-isolate and get a test..
- We can only see pre-booked Appointments. In any event, availability for walk in appointments is rare.
- Please arrive as near to your Appointment time as possible. If you arrive early, you may need to wait outside.
- If you arrive late we will probably not be able to see you and you may be required to pay for your appointment.
- Please arrive alone, one person per appointment. Sorry, we can't accommodate Client's Children who don't have an appointment.
- Don't come straight in, wait outside on our path using Social distancing if there are other Clients there. One of us will pop out and escort you in.
- There is very limited Social Distanced waiting areas inside the Salon, so we may need to ask you to wait outside.
- You'll be asked to wash or sanitise your hands and then you'll be taken straight to your Seat where your Stylist will greet you.
- We have communal coat hooks. If you prefer, please a bag for your coat.
When booking your appointment, you MUST tell us if you've used home colour. For your protection you'll need another allergy skin test at least 48 hours before your your Colour appointment. Contact us to pre-book this as we no longer have walk in patch testing.
Do I need to Wear PPE?
Yes. We will supply you with a single use disposable face covering if you don't have one. You'll need to wear a face covering for the duration of your Appointment. You may need to briefly remove or pull it aside to allow the Stylist access to areas covered by the face covering.
Will my Stylist be wearing PPE?
Your Stylist will be wearing a Type 2 Mask. Stylists will normally wear disposable gloves during Colour application as normal.
How close will I be to other Clients?
We've added 2 extra stations down stairs to allow us to spread out. We're aiming to avoid Clients sitting next to each other where possible.
What Cleaning do you do in between Clients?
As soon as a Workstation is vacated we use industry standard Hospital grade Barbicide to sanitise the workstation, the seat, the seat back and arms of the chair and all of the the stylists tools. Stylists will wash/sanitise their hands, scissors, combs, brushes and other tools in between Clients and also if they move from one client to another during a Service. We also regularly sanitise commonly touched surfaces such as light switches, door knobs and handrails.
Call your Kingsbridge Hairdresser on 01548 853073
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre,
2 South Place,
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Salon Spy - 5 Star Rated Salon by Clients 19/20 & 20/21
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon (left scheme December 2020)
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? We'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? We'll put money on for you
- Forgotten your glasses? Borrow a pair of our reading glasses
- TheMusicLicence Licensed music playback (formerly PPL & PRS)