The guidance issued by the Government has given requirements outlining how Hairdressing Salons must operate. We want our Clients AND our team to be able to be as safe as possible and as a result, we've had to change some of the ways we work. These requirements may change in line with updated information and improved practice.
Do you, or anyone you live with, have any of the following symptoms?
- A high temperature?
- A new, continuous cough?
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
If the answer is yes, STOP. Do not attend your appointment. You should stay at home and you (and any one you live), with should self-isolate and get a test..
- We can only see pre-booked Appointments, sorry, no walk ins, even to make an appointment.
- Please arrive as near to your Appointment time as possible. If you arrive early, you may need to wait outside.
- If you arrive late we will probably not be able to see you and you may be required to pay for your appointment.
- Please arrive alone, one person per appointment. Sorry, we can't accommodate Client's Children who don't have an appointment.
- Don't come straight in, wait outside on our path using Social distancing if there are other Clients there. One of us will pop out and escort you in.
- There is very limited Social Distanced waiting areas inside the Salon, so we may need to ask you to wait outside.
- You'll be asked to wash your hands and then you'll be taken straight to your Seat where your Stylist will greet you.
- Bring a bag for your coat. We cannot hang your coat or bags up due to the risk of transmission to/from other Client's belongings, so you'll need to bring a bag to keep all of your belongs in next to your seat.
Self Coloured over Lockdown?
When booking your appointment, you MUST tell us if you've used home colour during lockdown. For your protection you'll need another allergy skin test at least 48 hours before your your Colour appointment. Contact us to pre-book this as we no longer have walk in patch testing.
Can I get a Cuppa?
We're unable to serve refreshments and you're only allowed to bring in/consume water. You can't bring in snacks or other drinks, just water. Fizzy Friday will return soon we hope!
Will you have magazines to read?
We've removed our Magazine due to the risk of cross infection. Please bring your own magazines/books, eReader, tablet or Laptop. We cannot supply charging cables.
Do I need to Wear PPE?
There's no requirement for you to wear PPE whilst in the Salon or during your Appointment EXCEPT whilst you're in the backwash area having a shampoo or colour taken off. During this time you'll be required to wear a Mask. You may bring your own Mask or we can supply one.
Will my Stylist be wearing PPE?
Your Stylist will be wearing a Visor. Some Stylists may choose to wear a face mask or covering or other equipment, but there is no requirement for them to do so. Stylists will normally wear disposable gloves during Colour application as normal.
How close will I be to other Clients?
We've added 2 extra stations down stairs to allow us to spread out. We have also converted the Sun Bed room into a single chair Salon. This will mean we'll be able to spread out Clients as much as possible. We'll try to avoid Clients sitting next to each other where possible.
Are there any Services that you can't do?
We're allowed to undertake all of the services we normally do, there's no restrictions. However, part of the Government guidance requires us to minimise the amount of time Clients are in the Salon and the contact between Stylists and Clients, so we will not be able to undertake Head Massages.
I have my Hair Coloured by one Stylist and Cut by another. Can I do this now?
We have to reduce the contact between Clients as much as possible so you'll need to have all elements of your service carried out by as few people as possible, this means that a Cut and Colour will be have to be undertaken by one Stylist.
Have your prices changed?
To cover the cost of PPE for Clients and Team members as well as the cost of the extra time taken and materials used to regularly clean the Salon, we've introduced a temporary surcharge of £5 per Client (including Children) per visit. This has been calculated to be at cost and will be reduced/removed as soon as we can. Some Clients will require longer or different Services to 'catch up' with their colour, your Stylist will discuss this with you.
Can I use the Sun Bed?
We're sorry, but the Sun Bed is temporarily unavailable.
Can get my ears pierced?
We're sorry, but ear piercing is temporarily unavailable.
A multi award winning Kingsbridge Hairdressing Salon with uncompromising standards, at The Hair Advice Centre (HAC) we have a passion for customer delight and a pride in making our Clients look and feel fantastic. We want to listen to you and work together to create the best possible results for you and your hair.
HAC is one of the few Hairdressers in Devon to have 5 Star Salon status in the Good Salon Guide and we’ve been regional finalists in the prestigious British Hairdressing Awards and British Hairdressing Business Awards. The HAC team is led by Salcombe born Sara Antoniades who has worked as an educator in hairdressing around the world and in the UK as well as working with top industry names at events such as London Fashion Week. Sara’s been hairdressing since she was 15 and opened the HAC Hair Salon in Kingsbridge in 1996. She’s still passionate about hair and education, still teaches hairdressing today and regularly works with some of the top names in the industry.
Ongoing Team training and education are at the heart of our Salon, we are committed to developing our Stylist’s hairdressing knowledge and keeping our Team up to date with current trends whilst also maintaining classic looks. Visiting London for training and attending seminars around the UK regularly reinforces the team’s awareness of changing hair dressing fashion and keeps our hair Stylists motivated and on trend.
Call your Kingsbridge Hairdresser on 01548 853073
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre,
2 South Place,
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? We'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? We'll put money on for you
- Forgotten your glasses? Borrow a pair of our reading glasses
- TheMusicLicence Licensed music playback (formerly PPL & PRS)