Jobs at HAC
Working at HAC is more than just about hair styling, “half of what we do has nothing to do with scissors”, it’s about training, developing skills and most importantly making our Clients look and feel fantastic. We have excellent reviews on the independent Salon Spy review platform. We pride ourselves on giving fantastic customer Service. We seek to develop our Team’s skills no matter how long they’ve been hairdressing and regularly send Team members on further in house and external training, seminars and hair events both locally and to London.
We want Hairdressers and Apprentices who want to keep learning and developing, even when this challenges their standards. Our Team work hard to high standards and if you have a “that’ll do” attitude, read no further… We’re not as scary as we may sound, you bring a positive can do attitude and we can hone your skills so that you can fulfil your career and potential as a great hairdresser.
Jobs updated April 17th 2021
Full Time – Permanent Position
HAC have a vacancy for an Apprentice wishing to start their career in hairdressing and work towards their NVQ2. This vacancy is suitable for someone already on a Hairdressing Course at College that isn’t already working in a Salon (or wishes to move Salon) OR someone wanting to start their Hairdressing career and is willing to enrol at College on an Apprenticeship Course. We’re one of the few Salons that pay National Minimum Wage for Apprentices, significantly above the normal Apprentice Rate. If you’re wanting to kick start your Hairdressing Career in a 5 Star Salon where high standards and the desire to be the best you can be are the starting point, then please contact us now!
Salon Assistant / Shampooist
Full Time – Permanent Position
We have a vacancy for a Salon Assistant / Shampooist. Duties involve meeting and greeting Clients, taking bookings on the phone, keeping the Salon clean and tidy ensuring that the clients receive a top quality service from professional, friendly, motivated staff and to aid the Stylists in their jobs so they can deliver the best service to our clients. If you love working with people, this is a great role for you. Full training given.
Award Winning Apprenticeships
We’ve won numerous Awards for our Apprenticeship Scheme.
- South Devon College’s Official Apprentice Partner.
- South Devon College’s Best Small Business 2015.
- South Devon College’s Best Small Business 2016 (Highly Commended).
- Youth And Business Awards Apprentice Employer Of The Year 2016.
- Youth And Business Awards Apprentice Employer Of The Year 2017 (Runner Up).
- Youth And Business Awards Employer Of The Year 2016.
- Youth And Business Awards Employer Of The Year 2017 (Runner Up).
Full / Part Time – Permanent Position
Fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated hairdressing team. We are looking for a passionate and friendly stylist to join our team. As a Stylist & Colourist you will be responsible for delivering exceptional treatments and ‘five-star’ client care to all our Clients keeping abreast of the latest trends and innovations in the hairdressing industry. Ongoing training will be given and you will develop a detailed knowledge of all our services and products. Meeting and greeting clients, ensuring that the service they receive and their experience of the salon is outstanding.
Full Time Conditions (Part time roles are pro-rata)
Competitive Negotiable Salary
Up to 5 days per week (not Sundays)
28 days Annual leave (incl. Public Holidays)
How to Apply
Contact us in confidence with a CV and a covering letter telling why you think you’ve got what it takes to deliver Hairdressing and Client Delight to our standards. We will contact shortlisted candidates,
Candidates for qualified Hairdressing positions may be required to undertake a trade test. For the Trade test, candidates will be expected to supply 2 models for hair styling.
By Post or Drop off at the Salon
Hair Advice Centre
2 South Place
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre,
2 South Place,
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Salon Spy - 5 Star Rated Salon by Clients 19/20 & 20/21
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon (left scheme December 2020)
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? We'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? We'll put money on for you
- Forgotten your glasses? Borrow a pair of our reading glasses
- TheMusicLicence Licensed music playback (formerly PPL & PRS)