Jobs at HAC
Working at HAC is more than just about hair styling, “half of what we do has nothing to do with scissors”, it’s about training, developing skills and most importantly making our Clients look and feel fantastic. We are currently the only 5 Star Salon in the South Hams and have excellent reviews on the independent Salon Spy review platform. We pride ourselves on giving fantastic customer Service. We seek to develop our Team’s skills no matter how long they’ve been hairdressing and regularly send Team members on further in house and external training, seminars and hair events both locally and to London.
We want Hairdressers and Apprentices who want to keep learning and developing, even when this challenges their standards. Our Team work hard to high standards and if you have a “that’ll do” attitude, read no further… We’re not as scary as we may sound, you bring a positive can do attitude and we can hone your skills so that you can fulfil your potential as a great hairdresser.
Full Time – Permanent Position
We have a vacancy for an Apprentice wishing to start their training and work towards their NVQ2 in Hairdressing or someone who would . Our Apprentices spend at least 3 months in the Salon before embarking upon their day release training. This vacancy is suitable for someone already on a Hairdressing Course at College that isn’t already working in a Salon (or wishes to move Salon) OR someone wanting to start their Hairdressing career and is willing to enrol at College on an Apprenticeship Course. We’re one of the few Salons that pay National Minimum Wage for Apprentices, significantly above the normal Apprentice Rate. If you’re wanting to kick start your Hairdressing Career in a 5 Star Salon where high standards and the desire to be the best you can be are the starting point, then please contact us now!
Full or Part Time – Permanent Position
We will also consider someone who wants to work as a Salon Assistant and does not want to train towards being a Hairdresser. Full training will be given. Duties will involve meeting and greeting Clients, taking bookings on the phone, keeping the Salon clean and tidy, helping our Stylists, ensuring Stylists have all the equipment ready for their Clients, taking Colours off and basic blow drying. If you love working with people, this is a great role.
Award Winning Apprenticeships
We’ve won numerous Awards for our Apprenticeship Scheme.
- South Devon College’s Official Apprentice Partner.
- South Devon College’s Best Small Business 2015.
- South Devon College’s Best Small Business 2016 (Highly Commended).
- Youth And Business Awards Apprentice Employer Of The Year 2016.
- Youth And Business Awards Apprentice Employer Of The Year 2017 (Runner Up).
- Youth And Business Awards Employer Of The Year 2016.
- Youth And Business Awards Employer Of The Year 2017 (Runner Up).
Full / Part Time – Permanent Position
We’re always happy to speak to qualified Hairdressers with a proven track record of quality cutting and colouring who have a desire to be great at what they do and are used to running their own column. If you bring a positive can do attitude, we can hone your skills. Please contact us at the Salon on 01548 853073 and ask to speak to the Salon Manager, Simon Finch.
Full Time Conditions (Part time roles are pro-rata)
Competitive Negotiable Salary
Up to 5 days per week (not Sundays)
28 days Annual leave (incl. Public Holidays)
How to Apply
Contact us with a CV and a covering letter telling why you think you’ve got what it takes to deliver Hairdressing and Client Delight to our standards. We will contact shortlisted candidates,
Candidates for qualified Hairdressing positions may be required to undertake a trade test and attend an interview. For the Trade test, candidates will be expected to supply 2 models for hair styling.
By Post or Drop off at the Salon
Hair Advice Centre
2 South Place
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre,
2 South Place,
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? We'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? We'll put money on for you
- Forgotten your glasses? Borrow a pair of our reading glasses
- TheMusicLicence Licensed music playback (formerly PPL & PRS)