We offer Caflon ear piercing by our qualified ear piercing technician, Shannon Bolton, so if you’re searching for Ear piercing in Kingsbridge, then we’d love to help you.
For £20, your ear lobe/s will be pierced with your choice of a pre-packed sterile stud and you will receive a bottle of Caflon after care solution to take away with you.
Piercing Age Restrictions
There is no legal age restrictions on Ear piercing in the UK though many Salons operate their own limits. At HAC, Children aged between 7 and 15 need to be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian. At 16 or (over) we may ask for proof of age ID, but there’s no legal requirement for us to do so.
All Clients are required to complete a consent form. We currently only offer Ear Lobe piercing and do not offer ear cartilage or other body piercing.
Changing Your Mind
Sometimes, especially with younger Clients there’s a change of mind at the last minute. That’s fine, there’s no charge unless we’ve actually opened the Caflon Studs. They’re in a sterile package and can’t be used again. In such cases we just make a charge of £10 to cover the cost of the Studs and a contribution towards the Piercer’s time.
Product Safety & Hygiene
All Caflon Studs come in batch numbered sterile containers that will only be opened in front of the Client. The Caflon Blu system complies with the European Nickel Directive 2004/96/EC. With the addition of the disposable adaptors to the instrument, you can feel safe in the knowledge that your ear piercing is complying with safety regulations.
We do not sell the Caflon Studs as separate items, but we can supply additional bottles of the after care solution.
After Care Tips
- Wash hands thoroughly before touching studs or ear.
- Cleanse front and back of the ear 2 times a day with CAFLON Natural Solution without removing studs. Then rotate studs 2 or 3 times, 90º left and 90º right, i.e. a quarter turn only, thus avoiding hair wrapping around the post at the back of the lobe. In between cleansing, the ear should be kept DRY.
- Keep hair spray, soap, shampoo and other preparations away from the ear.
- After shampooing, the ear should be rinsed with clean water and then cleansed with CAFLON Natural Solution as described above.
- The piercing area should be CLEANSED with CAFLON Natural Solution, then kept DRY, especially after bathing, swimming or exercise.
- Leave studs in the ears for 6 weeks continuously.
- After 6 weeks, the stud can be removed and other post-type earrings may be worn continuously.
- Use only post-style earrings continuously for the first 6 months from piercing.
- The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypo-allergenic material.
- Minor pain/redness may occur immediately – this is normal, this will settle within 48 hours provided proper after-care is carried out. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs at any time, seek medical advice before removing the ear-piercing stud.
- Remove studs or handle your ears and/or studs unnecessarily.
- Push the butterfly along the post towards the ear – the butterfly must always be positioned at the tip of the post. Feel the position each time you clean the ear – it must feel smooth. This ensures that the earring remains LOOSE during the healing period. This is essential as being too tight may lead to inflammation.
All of our piercings are recorded in an official Caflon log book with the batch numbered label from your studs attached.
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre
2 South Place
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? - we'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? - we'll put money on for you
- PPL and PRS Music Licences