The guidance issued by the Government has given requirements outlining how Hairdressing Salons must operate. We want our Clients AND our team to be able to be as safe as possible and as a result, we've had to change some of the ways we work. These requirements may change in line with updated information and improved practice.
Do you, or anyone you live with, have any of the following symptoms?
- A high temperature?
- A new, continuous cough?
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
If the answer is yes, STOP. Do not attend your appointment. You should stay at home and you (and any one you live), with should self-isolate and get a test..
- We can only see pre-booked Appointments. In any event, availability for walk in appointments is rare.
- Please arrive as near to your Appointment time as possible. If you arrive early, you may need to wait outside.
- If you arrive late we will probably not be able to see you and you may be required to pay for your appointment.
- Please arrive alone, one person per appointment. Sorry, we can't accommodate Client's Children who don't have an appointment.
- Don't come straight in, wait outside on our path using Social distancing if there are other Clients there. One of us will pop out and escort you in.
- There is very limited Social Distanced waiting areas inside the Salon, so we may need to ask you to wait outside.
- You'll be asked to wash or sanitise your hands and then you'll be taken straight to your Seat where your Stylist will greet you.
- We have communal coat hooks. If you prefer, please a bag for your coat.
When booking your appointment, you MUST tell us if you've used home colour. For your protection you'll need another allergy skin test at least 48 hours before your your Colour appointment. Contact us to pre-book this as we no longer have walk in patch testing.
Do I need to Wear PPE?
Yes. We will supply you with a single use disposable face covering if you don't have one. You'll need to wear a face covering for the duration of your Appointment. You may need to briefly remove or pull it aside to allow the Stylist access to areas covered by the face covering.
Will my Stylist be wearing PPE?
Your Stylist will be wearing a Type 2 Mask. Stylists will normally wear disposable gloves during Colour application as normal.
How close will I be to other Clients?
We've added 2 extra stations down stairs to allow us to spread out. We're aiming to avoid Clients sitting next to each other where possible.
What Cleaning do you do in between Clients?
As soon as a Workstation is vacated we use industry standard Hospital grade Barbicide to sanitise the workstation, the seat, the seat back and arms of the chair and all of the the stylists tools. Stylists will wash/sanitise their hands, scissors, combs, brushes and other tools in between Clients and also if they move from one client to another during a Service. We also regularly sanitise commonly touched surfaces such as light switches, door knobs and handrails.