At HAC, we try to minimise the impact our activities have on the Environment. Unfortunately, by nature we are a resource hungry service in terms of Energy and Water use. However we seek to reduce our energy needs and environmental impact in several ways.
Laundry – We use single use Easy Dry bio-degradable Wood Pulp Towels, these decompose in around 12 weeks. Use of these towels as opposed to washing thick cotton towels reduces our water and energy use considerably and frees up Team member’s time to spend with Clients rather than washing towels.
Heating – We are able to minimise the time our heating is on as 6 hairdryers going most of the day soon gets the Salon toasty!
Lighting – We replaced all of our high energy Halogen spot lights with Low Energy LEDs in the Salon. We still have fluorescent lighting in the main Salon for colour correction purposes (we need a cold daylight colour).
Plastic Waste – We get through an awful lot of plastic Shampoo and conditioner bottles! All of these are collected and recycled by South Hams Council.
Paper Waste – We recycle all cardboard packaging from our deliveries, products and paper from our office activities through South Hams Council.
Reception – We only print out our own and Credit Card receipts on request and can email copies of both on demand if requested. Our Bookings system will soon do this automatically.
Hairdressing waste – Unfortunately, we are unable to recycle the aluminium foils used for Highlights or the aluminium tubes used for colour as Recycling schemes will not yet accept them.
Supply Chain – Where possible, we use local not national suppliers for services we need, for example using locally owned independent businesses for speciality Coffee, not a national chain, a local florist for our salon Flowers rather than a national supermarket, a local printer rather than online print services. Some things we have to get from outside the area.
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre,
2 South Place,
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Salon Spy - 5 Star Rated Salon by Clients 19/20 & 20/21
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon (left scheme December 2020)
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? We'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? We'll put money on for you
- Forgotten your glasses? Borrow a pair of our reading glasses
- TheMusicLicence Licensed music playback (formerly PPL & PRS)