Summary Of Data Privacy At HAC
We’re currently working towards ensuring we’re fully compliant with the requirements of GPDR before the May 25th 2018 deadline. We only ever use information we gather about our Clients for the purposes of running our Salon and will never pass this information on to third parties.
- Why are we holding the data? To manage our Salon effectively, we have legitimate business need to record Client’s personal contact information, to record details of the hairdressing work we do, to record allergy alert testing, to communicate with our Clients about appointments and other day to day activities. Client’s can opt in to receive occasional promotional communications directly related to HAC through postal, email or SMS message.
- How do we obtain it? All of our Client information is provided by the Client (or in the case of Children, by their parent or guardian), at the time of first booking or subsequently updated by them. This is normally given verbally or over the telephone, directly to the Receptionist, or in a few cases by email sent to us.
- How long will we retain it? Client’s not visiting the Salon for 12 months are archived off the live system.
- How secure is it? Our booking system is operated by SaloniQ and the data is held securely in the Cloud by them. Access to the data inside the Salon is limited to HAC Team members by password log in. Team Members can access their Booking Columns from outside the Salon, but not access other details aside from the Client’s name and appointment details.
- Can our Client’s request to see their data? Of course, normally we’ll be happy to show a Client their records there and then. In busy times we might need to schedule a time to do this.
HAC's steps to protect your personal information
HAC is committed to protecting the security of our Client’s personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is kept outside of the HAC Salon on our Booking Software provider’s (SaloniQ) secure servers which have have SSL Certificates issued by leading certificate authorities. All Data transferred between HAC and the Service is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that Client’s information will be secure at all times.
We will advise Clients at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where their personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
HAC disclosure of Client Information
HAC will only disclose the personal information you have provided to us to entities outside only if it necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which your personal information was collected.
HAC will not otherwise disclose personal information to a third party unless you have provided your express consent. However you should be aware that HAC may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders or other legal process if such disclosure is legally required. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform our Clients about products, services and/or news that we supply/publish. Clients can manage their explicit permissions to their subscriptions to SMS and Email Appointment Reminders, Medical Records (needed to record Allergy alert testing) and Marketing preferences at our Reception in the Salon or via their profile in our online booking system. Our Email marketing messages have details of how to unsubscribe detailed in the footer of all sent marketing messages
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
Contact And Communication With HAC
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system.
Social Media Policy And Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on several social media platforms users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media. The views expressed by Team Members on Social Media may not represent the position of HAC on a particular issue.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved to the user’s device that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
You can disable and or delete any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
What Sort of Cookies Do We Use?
Necessary Operational Cookies
This Website will remember what is in your shopping basket, where you are in the order process and that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Strictly Necessary for operation of the website but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously). This Website will track the pages you visits via Google Analytics to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your device in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
This Website may allow you to share its pages with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or similar services
Downloads And Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
External Website Links And Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/hac-shop). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- SaloniQ’s Data Protection Policy
Access to your personal information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the Salon.
HAC will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process your request in the manner you have requested.
We’ll only keep your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing you with our Services. However, we may also be required to keep some of your personal information for specified periods of time, for example under certain laws relating to corporations, money laundering and financial reporting legislation.
We want you to leave us looking and feeling fantastic...
Hair Advice Centre
2 South Place
Cut And Finish - £35
Blow Dry - £20
Semi Perm - £29
Tint Full Head - £57
Half Head Highlights - £48
Full Head Highlights - £58
Men's Cut And Finish - £21
Girls's (10-15) - £24
Boy's (10-15) - £12
Full Price List Here
- Good Salon Guide - 5 Star Salon
- British Hairdressing Awards - Regional Finalist
- British Hairdressing Business Awards - Finalist
- South Hams Radio - Best Hairdressing Salon in the South Hams
- South Devon College - Official Apprenticeship Partner
- South Devon College - Apprenticeship Awards - Best Small Business 2014. Highly Commended 2015
- Venus Awards Nominee (2015) - Sara Antoniades
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Youth And Business Achievement Awards - Best Apprentice Employer 2015 (Runner Up 2016)
- Online Booking
- SMS and Email Appointment reminders
- Complimentary Fringe Trim between appointments
- Complimentary Fairtrade and/or Rainforest Alliance Tea & Coffee
- Complimentary Cold Drinks
- Free Wifi for Clients
- Current Women's and Men's Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Want a sandwich? - we'll get you one
- Run out of parking time? - we'll put money on for you
- PPL and PRS Music Licences